Monday, June 10, 2013

Running Away

My children are running away. Literally and figuratively. Lincoln "escaped" twice today. He unlocked the back door and took off, laughing all the way. I was left feeling scared, frustrated and embarrassed that a two year old could do such a thing right under my nose. And how far he got before I even realized he was gone was even worse. And then I start to think about what could have happened...

I suspect this will not be the last time I feel this way about my children.

I realize more each day how fast they are growing and becoming their own humans with their own wills, decisions and consequences to face. I begin wondering if I am prepared for the consequences of how well or not we have prepared them for all of this.



Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6


No comments: